Monday, December 05, 2005

Susan Napier Lives!

Oh, happy day! Harlequin Presents author Susan Napier, my very favorite of that imprint, will finally have a new book out in 2006. It's been years since her last one. In a previous iteration of her biographical sketch, she had explained that stressful events in her family had necessitated a break in writing.

Mistress For A Weekend
Harlequin Presents
August 2006
Susan Napier

Susan has just signed a new, two-book contract with Harlequin and is excited to announce that the first title, Mistress For A Weekend, will be published in the U.S. in August 2006. The first chapter of the book features the kind of dramatic, and potentially disastrous, intitial encounter between the hero and heroine which has become something of a trademark of Susan's books. Readers will find lots of emotion, humour and passion packed into the pages.12/1/05


Seeing Rosario post occasional reviews of Napier's books made me all nostalgic, which led me to check the Harlequin Presents Authors site for the first time in a year or so. So glad I did!

6 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Rosario said...

Oh, that's good news! I've only recently discovered her myself, so I do still have lots of her books in the TBR. Any recs, BTW?

 
At 11:28 PM, December 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I discovered her back in the early 90s and haven't re-read many of her books since they first came out. But the ones with the most delicious, cracktastic plot twists are my very favorites, simply because they left the strongest impact:

--TRUE ENCHANTER (HP 1051) (OK not that twisty, I just adored the heroine)
--SECRET ADMIRER (HP 1554)
--RECKLESS CONDUCT (HP 1847)
--IN BED WITH THE BOSS (HP 2009)

And what was that crazy one with the woman who had an affair while wearing a platinum wig and then forgot about it because of trauma or something?

 
At 11:43 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Suisan said...

Hey p.devi!

You blogged about me? ME?

Holy cow! I'm blushing profusely and doing a happy dance. Thanks!

Now I've got to go find some copies of books with "cracktastic plot twists!" love the phrase.....

 
At 7:41 AM, December 08, 2005, Blogger Rosario said...

The only one of those I haven't yet read is True Enchanter. The other ones are among my favourites, so I'll definitely be reading TE, which I even have in my TBR. Oh, and the one with the platinum blonde with amnesia is Another Time, my favourite of them all!

 
At 1:35 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger ReneeW said...

Hey, p.devi, so great to find another reader blogger! I read a couple of her books a while back and thought they were good (Another Time and Revenge Affair). Gave them B's I think. My library has a couple of these on your list so I'll try them next time I'm in the mood for "cracktastic" plot twists. :)

 
At 12:01 AM, December 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suisan: Hey, what can I say? You're an entertaining blogger!

Rosario: Thanks for the title! I was distressed to see that ANOTHER TIME is missing from my collection. Must rectify soonest.

Renee: I'm always surprised that anyone has read any of her books. Harlequin Presents in general seem to get short shrift--read widely but rarely acknowledged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home