My First Logged Books
Weird. Both the books I picked up at the used bookstore today, one on impulse and one because someone had recommended it at last year's Celebrate Romance conference, turn out to have New Orleans as the setting (which I discover when I get home and enter them into the brand new book log I've set up in Excel!)The books are Evelyn Vaughn's CONTACT (Bombshell #30) and RED LETTER NIGHTS, with stories by Alison Kent, Karen Anders, and Jeanie London (Blaze #213). If I manage to keep up with tracking, it will be interesting to see how long it takes between the time I purchase a book to when I actually read it. Eternity is not unlikely.
Anyhow, I keep thinking of more and more fields to put in the spreadsheet, although I don't see myself going as far as Rosario's tracking of page counts. Is there anything obvious I've missed?
- Date Bought
- Date Read
- Title
- Author
- Imprint
- Copyright Date
- Type (cont/hist)
- Setting
- Rating (1-5)
- Review
- Notes
- Series Name
- Sequel #


4 Comments:
Ah, you laugh, but you've got just as many fields as I do! LOL!
I don't know if it's obvious (or even applicable), but you could have a field to mark whether it's a reread, or one to mark if it's an author that you're reading for the first time.
Darn, I'll have to take out a few fields, then. :-) Thanks for your great ideas. Will implement.
I dont keep track of all of those things, but I do note whether or not I kept a book or if I ebayed it or PBSed it or whatever.
Oh, good one, Jay! I'm like a black hole for books, though. They come into my gravitational field and never leave no matter how sucky.
OK, maybe every six months I donate a box or two of the really worthless books to the library, but that's it. Maybe seeing this irrational hoarding behavior framed in clear numbers will propel me to change my ways.
Post a Comment
<< Home