Monday, January 09, 2006

January 2006 Book Shopping List

As light as this shopping list is, I'm still on the fence about buying some of these books. I've already read the Sophie Weston, which was pretty bad, and the Liz Carlyle, which is pretty good.

(And I'm doing a bad thing by hotlinking Amazon images, but if they don't block me or anything, it saves so much time. I simply copied my Amazon wish list and pasted it into the Blogger box in which you compose posts, and deleted a few extraneous bits of information.)

Rebel Ice: A Stardoc Novel (Stardoc)
by S.L. Viehl
Price: $7.99

Bitten & Smitten (Warner Forever)
by Michelle Rowen
Price: $6.50

Giants of the Frost
by Kim Wilkins
Price: $6.99

In The Arms Of The Sheikh (Silhouette Romance)
by Sophie Weston
Price: $4.25

The Masque of the Black Tulip
by Lauren Willig
Price: $16.47

Two Little Lies
by Liz Carlyle
Price: $6.99

4 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Yikes! The only one of these I've heard of is the Carlyle book (bought it, read it, loved it)

 
At 12:16 AM, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know, I was really reaching this month. I mean, I have book coupons crying to be redeemed and only "eh" books on offer! I may actually be forced to consider my TBR pile seriously (oh, no) to tide me over until February.

 
At 4:08 PM, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got an ARC of Bitten & Smitten. Haven't gotten to it yet, but at least I haven't heard bad things about it either.

 
At 11:13 PM, January 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know, Jay, because that's the only one I'm seriously thinking of buying. About a year ago, I decided to make a more determined effort to try more first-time authors instead of sitting around bemoaning the decline of the genre and the dearth of new talent.

I'll look forward to your review!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home