Thursday, January 12, 2006

What Is It About This Cover?

I am oddly fascinated by the cover art for Eloisa James' next book, THE TAMING OF THE DUKE. Reactions in particular order:

  • Hmm, I wonder why the publisher going with beefcake for the first time on one of her covers?
  • Ooh, I love this guy's body--lean and ripped instead of no-neck hulk. Ditto on face.
  • Wait, what is going on in this tableau? What are those feminine hands doing? Sneakily undressing him? Wait, is he asleep on his feet? Is the woman playing a prank? Why would anyone put on or take off a shirt from behind? What the hell is going on here?

My very confuzledness keeps me interested in this cover. I wonder if it's in any way connected to the story.

3 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, January 14, 2006, Blogger Suisan said...

Maybe he's asleep, and she's crept into the room to undress him so that she can lie naked next to him in bed and ruin his/her reputation.

And I have the uncontrollable urge to scream, "Niagra Falls!"

Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch...

 
At 2:04 PM, January 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a dare to see how long he can passively withstand a teasing undressing.

Suisan, you actually made me have to Google what you were talking about. And I still don't get the routine, but at least I'm no longer worried about a Suisan losing it. :-)

P.

 
At 11:15 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Suisan said...

I dunno. Bad attempt at humor, I'm sure. But there's something about the image of anyone creeeeping into a room which brings to mind, "Slowly I turned, Step by step..." (But you can't say that unless you've said, "Niagara Falls" first.)

Humor explained isn't funny. I bow my head...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home