Who Rules Your Book Collection?
I'm curious, which one author (under all pseudonyms) has penned the most books in your personal book collection? I own 63 Anne Stuart paperbacks (her entire backlist?) Poor Mary Balogh--I've only kept 58 of her books. Is it Nora Roberts for everyone else in the world? Or perhaps a dark horse from the e-book world? Someone from another genre altogether? Share, please!


15 Comments:
For me, it's a competition between Nora and Jayne Ann Krentz. My JAKs are all over the house, so no way I'm counting them, but my NRs top the 100 mark.
oooohhhhhhh perfect time for me to look! I have books spread out all over the place. So I will come back laters and say for sure. It will most likely be Diana Palmer, yes I should feel shame but I don't ;). Or it could be Stephanie Laurens. Although I have been collecting Linda Lael Miller books lately so that could be up there.
Do anthologies count? Yes it is easy to amuse me, why do you ask ;)
oh and just cuz it amuses me to tell rosario... I have never read Nora Roberts so I don't have any at all... or JAK/Quick/whatever ;)
hmmmm thinking on it Elizabeth Lowell will prolly be my highest.
I'm pretty sure that between her older categories, hardbacks, trilogies and JD Robb books, Nora outnumbers most other authors in my collection by a mile. The runner up is L.M. Montgomery. After that, the closest is probably Robyn Donald, a Harlequin Presents author that I'm glomming, regardless of how bad some of her books are. Then Suzanne Brockmann.
It might be time for me to actually catalog all of the books I own, 'cause my answer was a guesstimate.
Piers Anthony. Definitely. Mainly because I have most if not all of the Xanth series and there's close to 30 books in that series, as well as books from his other series. Oddly enough, though, I don't read him that much anymore. I just cant bring myself to get rid of the books either.
Like you, Anne Stuart. I've probably got only 50 or so, though. Mary Balogh is second. And I've never read Nora either (one J.D. Robb, but that was it).
OK, I'm the 90 pound weakling in this category. Arnette Lamb (8), Laura Kinsale (12? I dunno, all of them but I can't count), Julie Garwood (8).
I don't keep very many books.
Suisan, I don't know whether to pity you or envy you. :-)
Sybil, I didn't count anthologies because mine are all boxed up. No shelf space left. Diana Palmer, huh?
I can't believe there are two people in this thread who have barely or never read Nora Roberts/Robb! I thought I was an anomaly for having only read about 30. Rosario, just how weird are we? :-)
Jay, I loved the first few of the Xanth novels. I had quit long before the THE COLOR OF HER PANTIES was published.
JMC, Harlequin Presents author Lynne Graham (a.k.a. my biggest guilty pleasure) is poised to overtake Mary Balogh in my collection because I've gotten sick of Balogh these last few years.
And, Megan, yay for another Anne Stuart fan! JMC is looking to find out where to begin with Anne Stuart.
Madeline Hunter dominates my shelf. I've given away a number of other books that I now wish I'd kept. But that's fine so long as the owners like them.
For me, it's Mary Balogh with 49. I also have 21 NR and 20 Linda Howard. I love Anne Stuart but I never kept many of hers, only 11. I'd love to see a list of your collection.
Good question, until I purged books last year it was probably NR and JAK. Now it's probably Linda Howard, I've got her entire backlist. We have more Stephen King's but they're my husbands.
Oh, nowhere near what some of you people have. Caroline Burnes - 16, but only because I got the entire series of Familiar books. then 11 Sherrilyn Kenyon books, 12 Alison Kent books, 11 Shirley Rousseau Murphy books, 13 Julia Quinn books, 9 Dorothy Gilman books, hmm...
Well, there are like 30 or 40 Doc Savage books on my iPaq. So those are probably actually the most.
AG, I love Madeline Hunter's books, too. And since I'm a hoarder, I've kept them all. No spreading of the love for me.
Renee, I used to have my entire book collection in a database. The reason I don't anymore will have to be a blog post some day. Illustrated, if at all possible.
(Though I can say I'm lucky enough to own every last hard-to-find Anne Stuart book.)
Let's see
NR - 43 (I don't read her anymore though) but when you add in JD Robb which I adore - well the number goes up
Anne Stuart - 23
JAK - 50
Patricia Veryan - 30
Those are my top 4
P.Devi:
Does that mean you've got all those Candlelight Regencies, too? Oh, I am so envious. Devil's Waltz arrived today, yippee!
Post a Comment
<< Home