CreepyCreepy
While I'd been hunting book covers on Amazon, I came across these two. What are the publishers thinking? Is the Emma Holly being marketed to men? Is the Kresley Cole being marketed to necrophiliacs?

According to Amazon, people who are buying the Cole are also buying LOVER ETERNAL by J.R. Ward. To see how a little neck action can actually look sexy, look no further.

Of course, in the case of LOVER ETERNAL, the giggles are possibly being held in reserve for the actual story, when you have to read about a hero named Rhage (and his buddies Wrath, Vishous, Phury, Zsadist, and Tohrment. What the hell was Ward thinking?)


5 Comments:
That Kresley Cole cover is hideous. Every time I see it I shudder. It's not romantic at all and just makes me pass on the book.
Yeah, that's just it. I feel the only people who'll be tempted to buy that are existing Kresley Cole fans and readers of horror novels.
eh we need to stop the paranormal rush... and I love paranormals. But good god every author has one coming out!
Dark Lover... pick it up :). I wish I had known you didn't have it. I just saw it at the half price book store. I did a review for it on AAR.
Really a great book, names aside, and I can say that they grew on me. I was really afraid with LE, since I had loved DL as much as I did. And really it came from no where because I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, I thought the next book couldn't hold up to it.
But really... tis good. There is more of shift toward character vs the huge world building we get in DL but I am a character!whore so it is all good.
Love to hear what you think if you read it ;)
ooooohhhhhhhh
And I just about died when I saw the holly! There is just something wrong with naming an erotica or romantic erotica book:
ALL U CAN EAT
bbbbbbbbbwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Sybil, agreed. I was taken aback by the "all u can eat" too. It's really funny in a tasteless sort of way.
I already own DARK LOVER and plan to read LOVER ETERNAL as well. I have high hopes! I'll look for your review of the latter.
And the paranormal genre will definitely go the way of the Regency historical (glutted with mediocre books that eventually cause the sub-genre to stagnate.)
Post a Comment
<< Home