Here, forthwith, is the lengthy list of books I'm considering buying in February.
| | Bad Boys Ahoy! | | by Sylvia Day | Price: $11.20 Note: someone blogged about this, and it sounded good, so I may give it a whirl. | |
|
| | Flesh and Stone (Berkley Sensation) | | by Vickie Taylor | Price: $6.99 Note: I read the first and thought it was OK-to-good. (The cartoon series Gargoyles ran too strongly in head reading it, though.) I'll probably check out this sequel. | |
|
| | Sex, Lies, and Online Dating | | by Rachel Gibson | Price: $6.99 Note: I haven't read her last couple of releases, but maybe this will be the one that rekindles my interest in Gibson's books. | |
|
| | This title is no longer available | | This item is no longer available. |
| Note: What happened here? This was one of those novellas republished as a $2.99 stand-alone book. Is the entire program kaput, or is it just this novella that was pulled? Not that I was going to buy it anyway.
| |
|
| | The Queen in Winter | by Lynn Kurland $11.20
| Note: Sharon Shinn and Sarah Monette stories. Yay! Lynn Kurland and Claire Delacroix stories. Yawn.
| |
|
| |
|
| | Solstice Wood | | by Patricia A. McKillip | Price: $16.29 Note: Seems strangely unappealing. May give this McKillip a miss. Looks like a gothic--not my favorite type of book. | |
|
| |
|
| | Moon Called | | by Patricia Briggs | Price: $7.99 Note: A departure for Briggs. I'm curious about it.
| |
|
| | Shadow Touch | | by Marjorie M. Liu | Price: $6.99 Note: Somehow my excitement level around this is low despite having enjoyed her previous two books.
| |
|
| | The Spy's Reward | | by Nita Abrams | Price: $5.99 Note: I've enjoyed all her books. She is about the only "traditional" Regency author I buy.
| |
|
| | Crescent Moon | | by Lori Handeland | Price: $6.99 Note: I liked the first book in this series very much. The rest are just racking up in the TBR pile, including, I'm sure, this one.
| |
|
| | The Devil's Waltz | | by Anne Stuart | Price: $6.99 Note: She's resumed her place in my auto-buy list.
| |
|
| | Crazy Wild | | by Tara Janzen | Price: $6.99 Note: Loved the first two and expect to love this one. I'm sure this will be the first book devoured from February batch.
| |
|
| | The King of Attolia | | by Megan Whalen Turner | Price: $11.55 Note: Listen, if you like Miles and Niccolo and ilk, do yourself a favor. Don't read anything about this book. Just buy book 1, THE THIEF, without reading anything about that one either. You can thank me later.
| |
|
| | The Silver Rose : A Novel | | by Susan Carroll | Price: $11.16 Note: The first two books were "eh" so I'll probably skip this one. I was looking for something richer and more complex than Carroll has on tap.
| |
|
| | Master of Darkness | | by Susan Sizemore | Price: $6.99 Note: Did I say rich and complex? I meant, give me "popcorn" books like this one. Probably the second book I will read from February batch.
| |
|
| | Full Moon Rising | | by Keri Arthur | Price: $10.20 Note: Not sure I'll be paying hardcover price for this, but looks interesting.
| |
3 Comments:
Is teh Crown of Stars series FINALLY done? Maybe I'll actually start to read it again. I stopped in high school.
Nicole, hah! I'm a skimmer rather than a reader of the series. I just have to know how the Sanglant/Liath thing ends.
Keishon, the first page of FREAKS was fabulously funny, but I put it down after a couple of chapters, to read when I'm more in the mood for it.
I've bought the new Briggs as well as MWT's THE KING OF ATTOLIA. Haven't read either one yet. If you're interested, there's a reading group for MWT at LiveJournal (Sounis):
http://tinyurl.com/d9ktk
Post a Comment
<< Home