Sunday, February 26, 2006

March 2006 Book Shopping List

Here are the books from which I'll select my March 2006 purchases. Today, I bought Jo Beverley, the Loretta Chases, the Lilith Saintcrow, and the J.R. Ward. I've already read Simon R. Green's SHARPER THAN A SERPENT'S TOOTH.


The Waterlord
by Dawn Thompson
Price: $5.99

I just added this to my wish list out of curiosity. I doubt I'll read it unless someone I trust gushes about it or I run across it in the used bookstore.

The Penalty Box (Berkley Sensation)
by Deirdre Martin
Price: $6.99

I haven't read her last few but haven't completely written her off either. This is a prime candidate for an impulse buy later in the month.

Lord Perfect (Berkley Sensation)
by Loretta Chase
Price: $7.99

I've never read a bad Loretta Chase even though I haven't loved them all equally. I'm also happy to report the guy on the cover doesn't look quite as cheesy close-up as I thought. He has an open shirt that's plastered to his chest because he's been fencing. OK, it's still pretty cheesy.

Jack of Clubs : Book Two of the House of Cards Trilogy (House of Cards Trilogy)
by Barbara Metzger
Price: $6.99

I've given up on Barbara Metzger. But after having read her books for so many years, I'm still keeping track of her new releases. Ah, the power of nostalgia.

The Rogue's Return
by Jo Beverley
Price: $6.99

Her AN UNSUITABLE MAN was one of my favorite romances of last year. Knowing my pattern with Beverley, that means I probably won't like this one. Still, she's an auto-buy author for me.

Luck of the Draw (Leisure Historical Romance)
by Gail Link
Price: $5.99

I'm not drawn to Westerns but am keeping track of Gail LInk's book out of nostalgia. And thanks to Anna's comment, I know that NEVER CALL IT LOVING was Link's awesome Beauty and the Beast book.

Micah (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter)
by Laurell K. Hamilton
Price: $7.99

I've given up on the Anita Blake books--OBSIDIAN BUTTERFLY was the last one I liked--but still like to keep track of new releases. Am I detecting a pattern?

The Thirteenth House
by Sharon Shinn
Price: $16.47

I still haven't read MYSTIC AND RIDER, the first book in this series, but will get this anyway to support the author.

Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth : A Novel of the Nightside (Ace Fantasy Book)
by Simon R. Green
Price: $6.99

Not my usual type of book, but I've greatly enjoyed this series. This one seems to complete the overarching story begun in the first.

Touch of Evil
by C. T. Adams
Price: $6.99

HUNTER'S MOON was one of my favorite debut novels in a long time. I'm very much looking forward to this, the first book in a new series.

Wolf at the Door : A novel of The Others
by Christine Warren
Price: $6.99

I liked the sassy (what a dumb word but can't think of another) quality of her Ellora's Cave ebooks. I'm curious to see what she'll do here.

Beauty and the Spy (Warner Forever)
by Julie Anne Long
Price: $6.50

I liked her debut book, THE RUNAWAY DUKE. It had a "voice" I liked even as I thought it unpolished. I may buy this later in the month if I'm bored.

Lover Eternal : A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood (Signet Eclipse)
by J.R. Ward
Price: $6.99

The first book was great until we were introduced to the silly brotherhood. I'm hoping this is more like the first half of DARK LOVER.

This title is no longer available
This item is no longer available.


So I guess selling novellas for $3 was a failure. I liked the idea, but I know I'm in the minority of enjoying romances of this length.

Lady of Sin
by Madeline Hunter
Price: $6.99

I always look forward to a new Madeline Hunter.

Deep, Dark & Dangerous
by Jaid Black
Price: $11.20

Nope, this author is nowhere near good enough to merit trade paperback dollars from me. Great cover, though.

Crazy Kisses
by Tara Janzen
Price: $6.99

I would pay trade paperback prices for Tara Janzen books. Can't wait to read this.

The Devil's Knight
by Lucy Blue
Price: $6.99

I couldn't really get into the first book in this series, but I'm still keeping her on my radar.

Devil in Winter
by Lisa Kleypas
Price: $7.50

The first two books in the Wallflower series were excellent, so it's jacked up my excitement to read this book.

Working for the Devil
by Lilith Saintcrow
Price: $6.99

I've seen her online commenting on the Smart Bitches blog, which made me curious about her books. Contemporary fantasy is right up my alley, so I expect I'll enjoy this one.

5 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger lost said...

Book covers of Barbara Metzger's House of Card trilogy are fabulous. It always catches my attention whenever I see it.

If Dawn Thompson is the one I'm thinking of, I'm avoiding it. This is me being a miser, of course.

 
At 1:14 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger lost said...

Clarification: I mean, thinking of the one who wrote a gothic historical romance last year or the year before. OK, I'll collect my coat.

 
At 2:40 PM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the Lilith Saintcrow book on Saturday, too. Along with a tpb by Katherine Garbera and one by Amy Fetzer, and a Harlequin Blaze. Picked up and put down The Waterlord, because I'm a little tapped out when it comes to supernatural/paranormals right now. And now I'm going to have to go add more books to my wish list, because I hadn't thought about even half of the ones you posted, and a bunch of them look like they should be on my TBR list.

 
At 8:11 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Nicole said...

The Lilith Saintcrow is more of a futuristic paranormal than contemporary. But it's really really good!

 
At 2:14 AM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avoid Dawn Thompson's books, check. Read Lilith Saintcrow's book posthaste, check.

Thanks, all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home