Too Many Books
I'm actually feeling overwhelmed by books flowing toward me this month. First off, I was considering buying a ton of books this month. Well, eleven of them are now mine.
Then the publisher fairy starts dropping books on me day after day (it feels like.) But it's more like three.
Then Harlequin delivers the eight books in my Presents subscription.
In the middle of that somewhere, I went to the used bookstore and picked up seven books to read (plus three that don't count because I only bought them to see if they were collectible: Suzanne Brockmann's STAND-IN GROOM, Judy Cuevas' DANCE, and Juliet Blyth's THE PARFIT KNIGHT.) Yes, this one is clearly my own fault for lack of self-control.
Usually, I wallow in the feeling of acquiring books, but today I feel a little queasy. And, good lord, I just realized this month has only 28 days. Unfair!
I did read two romances in the last week and a half, though. One was CRAZY WILD by Tara Janzen; the other was BAD BOYS AHOY! by Sylvia Day. I liked both with reservations. Gee, at this rate, I should get through the rest of the February batch of books in four months, no problem.
Sigh. Do others regularly buy way more than they can possibly read? Dumb question?


8 Comments:
Do others regularly buy way more than they can possibly read?
Oh, yes, and I refuse to feel guilty about it. I see it as insurance. And I was thankful for my TBR mountain earlier this month when Uruguay cancelled all surface mail services. I'll have to be much pickier with new releases from now on, but I'll never run out of books to read! ;-)
I buy way more than I can read, too. I have good intentions and set rules for myself, like I can only buy one book per trip, or I'm not allowed to check out Amazon, BAMM or online UBSs. I have very little will power though (witness the failure of my reading resolution very early into the new year). Plus, my public library is fairly good when it comes to some areas of romance, so I check out a lot of books, too. And it only makes sense to read those first since I have a limited amount of time to hold on to them. I could probably last until September or so, just reading the unread books I 've bought that are scattered around my house. But I won't, because I'm looking forward to too many new releases this spring.
Oh I definitely buy more than I can read. But I can't NOT buy them, either.
OOph, I think I could last all year with the unread books in my house. But I don't want to. So I still buy books and check more out from the library.
Like Nicole, I think I could last for at least a year with my TBR pile . . . and still I buy more, and check even more out of the library.
Insurance for when I'm too dodderingly feeble to get to the bookstore (of course, that's pretending I don't use Amazon almost exclusively). But, yeah, addiction--definitely.
Of course! Let's see...since Monday, I bought 11 books. Then Tuesday I got a few in the mail...I think it was 6. Yesterday, I too, got the 8 May HPs in the mail and then today, in the mail, I got 9 books. Two from my Valentine's Day swap, one from my birthday club present and the rest from Amazon that I ordered a few days ago. And the week isn't over. I'm supposed to get a book from a friend...a Belle Andre book that she loved and is sending me her extra copy. That should be here tomorrow. And who knows what other goodies will show up on Saturday? But shhh! Hubby thinks all these books are books from the TBR that have been collecting dust...not new books like they are. *G* We won't let him in on that secret, k? :)
Hey, I didn't even think about adding the library to the mix. At least those are books that will leave your house, guaranteed!
We need names! titles... and book faires ;).
And yeah I tend to buy a few more books than I might read. EVER. But I have hopes to do so.
thanks, everyone. You make me feel normal.
Is this some kind of addiction romance readers share? I seem to be hearing quite a number(myself included) lamenting that they buy way too many books.
Post a Comment
<< Home