I've now bought two of these Linda Winstead Jones books for one reason only--the covers are so very pretty. They appeal to my inner pre-teen aesthetic. If I find the third one used, I'll probably grab it as well.
Does anyone have any intelligence on whether the stories themselves are any good?

11 Comments:
Can't help you, sorry, because all 3 of those books are in the TBR. :)
I haven't read them, but they were reviewed at AAR. The Sun Witch got a good grade, B-, but The Moon Witch got a C-.
I really liked them both. They are definitely a series and you should read them in order. There's definitely different as far as fantasy romance goes. I've read the first two and the last one is in the tbr pile.
Haven't read them but I've heard nothing but good things about them. And I think the latest was highly anticipated.
Great! The things you guys are saying seem to indicate the books are worth reading and not just looking at. Or is that bad news because it just increased my TBR pile?
I've admitted this to Sybil, but I don't follow AAR. I think there were one or two reviewers at one time whose tastes I found meshed reliably with my own (Nora? Rachel?) but that was a while ago.
P.S. - Mad, do you have a blog? Your profile page isn't public.
But of course she would go to read my reviews... right
I am so abused.
I do have a blog -- madshouse.typepad.com I switched from Blogger even though I still have a name here. :)
The cover designs look like the kind of fanart you'll find at devianart.com.
I would be swayed too.
Thanks, Mad!
Sybil, I will definitely read your reviews as they're linked from your blog.
AG, I was confused about the link you sent me to. I took a chance and wondered if you meant to write deviantart.com instead. Yep, the "t" in there made all the difference, LOL.
Sorry, I missed the 't' out. It's DeviantArt.com.
You've to check out
"http://blackeri.deviantart.com/store/">BlacKeri's Seven Deadly Sins. I love most of her work.
Wow, you're right. She is really good. Do you know if she does professional work? And how to do you find the really good artists among all the rest?
Post a Comment
<< Home