Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Most Expensive Prologue Ever

From Laura Kinsale's Web site:

MY SWEET FOLLY remains as it was originally published (and the prologue is STILL worth the price of the book!)

If she does say so herself!

Not that she's wrong.... And not like the rest of the book gives her much to go on.... :->

MY SWEET FOLLY is being re-released in trade paperback in April.

(via riemannia)

7 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger ReneeW said...

I've never read this but I have always wanted to try it. I read her interview with KarenS and thought she seemed a bit quirky so this comment by her does not surprise me.

 
At 5:56 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Suisan said...

Well, I lurve Ms. Kinsale, but in my ever so humble opinion, the prologue is really the very best part of My Sweet Folly. It's an EXCELLENT prologue. Really!

And then the novel sort of limply slides towards conclusion in ever slower cadences until it kind of. runs. out.... of... steam. Pssshhhht....

But Hey! The prologue is GREAT! (And I still have it on my Keeper Shelf.)

 
At 8:27 PM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree completely, which is why I'm calling the trade paperback publication of MY SWEET FOLLY the most expensive prologue ever. :-)

Would you believe I'm actually a die-hard fan of Kinsale's books?

And I sign myself,
Part Time Fangirl

 
At 10:32 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Megan Frampton said...

I agree about the prologue--the rest just slides into weirdness, but that first part--my lord, it is good.

 
At 2:20 AM, March 02, 2006, Blogger ReneeW said...

Now y'all have peaked my interest. My library has it so I put it on hold.

 
At 6:03 PM, March 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hell, now I want to read the prologue too. Maybe I'll go stand in B&N and read it next month...

 
At 6:46 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger sybil said...

LOL this is one of the LK I have tbr. I will have to find it and read the damn prologue now ;)

What is wrong with the rest of the book? Boring?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home